Barber Course Overview
Setting The Standard Barbering and Natural Hair Academy’s students receive the most comprehensive training in the field. You’ll learn sanitation, sterilization, safety practices as well as cutting-edge styling skills from our professionally trained instructors. Barber students are trained in the art of Barbering and Natural Hair styling using quality professional products exclusively in all our barbering classes. In this1500-hour program, you’ll be evaluated on your progress at the 450-, 900-, 1250- and 1500-hour mark. Upon graduation and receiving your certificate of completion you will be eligible to take the Licensing Exam of the Louisiana State Board of Barbering. Instruction is also taught on topics ranging from general anatomy, business industry relations, and front-end salon management and merchandising techniques.
- Chemical work (including coloring, perms and relaxers)
- Men's shaving and grooming
- Basic skin care
- Hairpiece design, fitting, and maintenance
- Natural Hair care and styling
- And much more
- To successfully acquire the knowledge of the laws and rules regulating Louisiana Barber
- To successfully acquire the knowledge of sanitation and sterilization as related to all phases of
hair and skin.
- To successfully acquire business management techniques which are common to the Barber
- To prepare so successfully pass the Louisiana State Barbe Board Examination.
Attitude & Goals
- To be able to appreciate good workmanship, which is common to the Barbering field.
- To possess a positive attitude toward the public and fellow workers.
- To appreciate honesty and integrity in oneself and others.
- To have a positive personality while dealing with patrons and colleagues.
Successful Graduate Skills
- Learn the proper use of implements relative to all Barber services.
- Acquire the knowledge of analyzing the scalp, face, and beard to determine any disorders.
- Learn the procedures and the terminology used in performing all barbering services.
Industry Educator/Platform Artist
Shop Owner / Administrator
Natural hair Stylist
Day and Evening classes are available
Day Class (12 Months)
Monday to Friday: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Day Class alternates Monday and Saturday class Schedule.
Evening Class (15 Months)
Monday to Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday: NO CLASS
Saturday: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
*Schedule assignment may be subject to change.
How much will it cost?
School Supplies, Kit, and Tuition Costs
All fees are non-refundable
Registration Fee: 110.00
Student State license (non-refundable): 50.00
Technical Kit*: 1055.31
Textbook (non-refundable): 359.94
Locker Fee: 25.00
Technology Fee: 520.00
Student Activity fee: 1000.00
Uniform Fee: 100.00
TOTAL COSTS: $17,045.00
How long will it take?
Commitment to Complete Program: 1500 hours
When can I get started?
Ready to get started? Here are our upcoming start dates for this program:
- 08/15/2022 - BARBER A
- 08/15/2022 - BARBER B
- 09/26/2022 - BARBER A
- 09/26/2022 - BARBER B
- 11/07/2022 - BARBER A
- 11/7/2022 - BARBER B
Your Future Starts Here
Join our group of passionate students towards a career in the hair industry as a Barber Stylist. We have day and evening classes to accommodate your busy schedule.